VIDEO: KOKO PERHE SAIRASTAA BORRELIOOSIA

Borrelioosiin sairastuneiden henkilökohtaisia kokemuksia taudista ja sen hoidosta.

Valvojat: Borrelioosiyhdistys, Bb, Jatta1001

Vastaa Viestiin
Bb

VIDEO: KOKO PERHE SAIRASTAA BORRELIOOSIA

Viesti Kirjoittaja Bb » Pe Tammi 30, 2009 14:54

Andrew Des Boisin molemmilla vanhemmilla on borrelioosi ja kaikki neljä lasta saivat artikkelin mukaan borrelioosin vanhemmiltaan. Andrewn borrelioositestit olivat positiiviset opiskeluaikana. Hänen kuntonsa heikkeni jatkuvasti. Lopulta hän vain nukkui eikä kyennyt tapaamaan ystäviään.

Tavalliset suun kautta otettavat antibioottihoidot eivät auttaneet. Hän tuli vähitellen sairaammaksi ja sairaammaksi. Lopulta hänelle aloitettiin suonensisäinen antibioottihoito. Sen aikana hänen terveytensä alkoi vähitellen parantua ja hän kykeni jatkamaan opintojaan. Hän on opettajansa mukaan yliopiston ehkä kaikkien aikojen etevin matematiikan opiskelija.

Videoesityksen voi käydä katsomassa osoitteessa:

http://www.thebosto<WBR>nchannel.<WBR>com/asseenon5/<WBR>10283918/<WBR>detail.html (sivun avauduttua klikkaa linkkiä kuvan alla)

Homepage > Local News > As Seen On NewsCenter 5
Related To Story
RESOURCES:
# Meet This Week's A Plus www.lymediseaseassociation.org
# www.columbia-lyme.org

A Plus 11/9/06: Belmont's Andrew DesBois

His entire family has Lyme. You can view the video here:

http://www.thebosto<WBR>nchannel.<WBR>com/asseenon5/<WBR>10283918/<WBR>detail.html

POSTED: 4:03 pm EST November 9, 2006
UPDATED: 5:59 pm EST November 9, 2006

BOSTON -- Each week, NewsCenter 5 presents a high school senior who has taken the lessons of the classroom and applied them to life.

This week's A Plus student is Belmont Hill School's Andrew DesBois.

NewsCenter 5's Pam Cross reported that despite living with Lyme disease, a debilitating disease spread by ticks, DesBois is a National Merit Scholar. He is also a leader on the athletic field.

"He's extremely bright. In the 12 years I've taught this course, he's probably one of the brightest boys I've ever had," said math teacher Chris Sweeney.

DesBois is the school newspaper editor, captain of the soccer team and a peer tutoring coordinator.

"It just seems right for me to give back and share my knowledge with others who may be struggling just as I was when I was younger," said DesBois.

Both of DesBois' parents have Lyme disease, and the disease was passed on to all four of the couple's children. DesBois tested positive for the disease his junior year. He eventually had to leave school.

"I just continued to slide down into this hole -- feeling sicker and sicker," DesBois said. "I was sleeping 16 hours a day. I just really couldn't function at all. Had no energy. I didn't want to be around people because I couldn't concentrate."

When regular antibiotics failed to help DesBois, he had a midline placed in his arm for intravenous antibiotics. He said that is when things finally began to turn around. He repeated his junior year and has since won multiple awards. He also ranks in the top 5 of his class.

"But he is just someone who really
didn't allow himself to be knocked down," Sweeney said.

"Just thinking about where I was just a year and a half ago and where I am now, I just can't believe I was able to get out of that," DesBois said.

If you know a special student who truly makes a difference in his or her classroom, please e-mail us your nomination. Please include your phone number.

Copyright 2006 by TheBostonChannel.com. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Vastaa Viestiin